Friday, January 10, 2014

"A VOID" the E

I don't read much of anything. In fact I have just read one book by choice since I graduated college and in college I didn't read much either. But I LOOOOOVE knowledge. I am a visual learner and don't have the attention span to finish a book, let alone a paragraph usually. 

That said there is one book I absolutely want to read. It's called "A Void". It's a 300 page French noir novel written by Georges Perec in 1969 and it's written without using a single use of the letter E. The only time it is used in the entire novel is the authors name.

The plot revolves around a group of people looking for a missing person named Anton Vowl. There are several subplots within the story each one involving something lacking in their life.

Even writers who have critiqued this work have taken on the challenge of not using a single E.


No comments:

Post a Comment